The 40th International Festival of the New Latin American cinema will be held in Havana, from December 6th to 16th of 2018, to recognize and disseminate the cinematographic works that contribute to the enrichment and reaffirmation of the Latin American and Caribbean cultural identity based on their significance and artistic values.
Its programming includes a wide and representative sample of contemporary world cinema, as well as meetings and seminars on various topics of cultural interest and, in special, film.
The Festival will grant Coral Awards on different categories, Honor Coral and Special Coral valuing personalities with a relevant professional career linked to cinema and to institutions with a valuable contribution to the seventh art respectively. Other collateral Awards will be presented by organizations.
The registration will award credentials to:
- Participants (viewers): cost $45.00 CUC.
- Student related to the audiovisual, condition that must demonstrate through the presentation of the corresponding document: cost $25.00 CUC.
- Delegate: Is delivered to the staff of the works scheduled in the Festival, including the specialties of director, producer, cinematographer, art director, Foley artist, musician, editor, screenwriter and interpreters (up to 2), as well as writers and graphic artists with works in the unpublished script and poster contests, respectively.
- Industry (producers, sales agents, buyers, programmers from festivals, executives, etc.): it has similar characteristics to the remaining registration and includes access to all professional events organized by the industry sector.
- Press foreign not permanently accredited in Cuba: This accreditation must be requested 60 days before the start of the Festival covered by press visa.